This Biscoff rocky road has all the good stuff: crunchy Biscoff pieces, soft pillowy marshmallows and crunchy salty goodness, all smothered in Biscoffy chocolate.
Biscoff, also known as Lotus Biscoff, is a type of speculoos cookie with spices and a rich caramel that's made in Belgium and has since become hugely popular around the world. And what better way to enjoy it than this fabulous Lotus Biscoff rocky road? It has all the elements of rocky road you love of chocolate, marshmallows and nuts for crunch.
The secrete to good speculoos rocky road is to get the balance right. The amount of chocolate and Biscoff spread in this recipe only just coats the dry ingredients. For me this is the right balance between sweet and salty, otherwise the rocky road can become too sweet. If you like your rocky road more chocolaty you can add another cup of white chocolate melts and ¼ cup Biscoff spread.
Biscoff spread: available from some supermarkets, specialty stores and online. I recommend using smooth Biscoff spread or your cheesecake will be grainy. If you can't get Lotus Biscoff spread you can use another brand of cookie butter spread.
Biscoff cookies: also called Biscoff biscuits. If you can't get Lotus Biscoff biscuits you can use any other brand of speculoos biscuits.
White chocolate: white chocolate mixed well with the Biscoff spread without competing with the flavor too much. You could use milk chocolate instead as well, but it will make your rocky road darker and the Biscoff flavor won't be as strong.
Marshmallows: an essential ingredient in any rocky road. I like to use the usual medium size marshmallows, as opposed to jumbo ones or mini ones, as I find you get good chocolate to marshmallow ratio. I have used all white marshmallows but you could use pink ones too if you like.
Roasted almonds: add crunch and flavor to this rocky road. If you can't get roasted almonds you can get natural almonds and dry roast them yourself. You can also replace the almonds with any other nuts you like. Some yummy options include peanuts, pecans, or macadamias.
Salted pretzels: might sound like a strange addition to the rocky road but trust me on this one. The salted pretzels provide a crunchy, salty element, sort of like a salted caramel contrast, and help cut through the sweetness of the Biscoff and white chocolate.
How to make Biscoff rocky road
See the full recipe card at the end of the post for ingredient amounts and instructions.
Line a baking tray or slice tray with foil. Roughly break up the Biscoff cookies into pieces. Roughly break up the pretzels. Add the marshmallows, Biscoff cookies, pretzels and roasted almonds to a bowl and mix.
Put the white chocolate melts into a microwave-proof bowl and melt in the microwave in thirty seconds to one-minute bursts until smooth and fully melted. Then in a separate bowl melt the Biscoff spread. Add the melted Biscoff spread to the melted chocolate and mix well.
Hot tip: you can try melted the Biscoff spread and white chocolate in a bowl at the same time, but I find they combine better and there's less chance of it going lumpy and splitting when you melt them separately, Then combine them.
Working quickly pour the melted chocolate and Biscoff spread over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour onto the lined tray and flatten out. Leave to cool and set completely. You can speed the process up by putting the tray in the fridge if you want to.
Wait until it's completely cool and set, then use a large sharp knife to cut it into pieces.
How to serve
To serve pop onto a plate and enjoy! Or eat it straight from the container if you can't wait that long 😀
How to store
This rocky road will store well in an airtight container for up to a month, but the Biscoff biscuits may start to go a little soft after a few days, but I very much doubt it will last that long (in my house is usually a couple of days at most!).
Have you made this recipe? Tell me how it went in the comments below and tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious creations! @keep_calm_and_eat_icecream
Looking for more yummy dessert recipes?
Why not try making
Biscoff Rocky Road
- 2 & ½ cups (13.5oz/375gms) white chocolate melts
- ½ cup (150gms) Biscoff spread - smooth or crunchy
- 26 (200gms) Biscoff cookies
- 1 packet (7.5oz/210gms) marshmallows
- ¾ cup (100gms) roasted almonds
- 2 cups (60gms) salted pretzels
- Line a heat proof baking tin or tray with foil.
- Roughly break up the Biscoff cookies and pretzels. Add the cookie pieces, pretzels, marshmellows and almonds to a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the white chocolate melts into a microwave proof bowl Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second to one minute bursts, checking after each time.
- If chocolate still has large pieces that don't melt easily return bowl to microwave and microwave for further 30 second bursts, stirring well in between until chocolate is well melted.
- Put the Biscoff spread into a seperate microwave proof bowl. Microwave for thirty seconds to one minute or untill spread is smooth and pourable.
- Add the melted Biscoff spread to the melted white chocolate and mix well.
- Working quickly add the chocolate and Biscoff spread mix to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the mix onto the prepared tray and smooth down.
- Leave to in a cool place to set completely. If is a hot day put it in the fridge.
- Once set slice into pieces and enjoy!
Join the community!
Like Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream on Facebook for more great recipes
Pin it for later!