This strawberry sundae is made with no churn strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberry sauce for a fun, fresh strawberry dessert with all the trimmings.
This strawberry ice cream sundae recipe shows you step by step how to make this delicious strawberry dessert at home. I use my own homemade no churn strawberry ice cream and strawberry sauce in this recipe, but you can use store bought if you prefer for a quick and easy dessert that will wow your guests.
This is the perfect romantic dessert for Valentines day, or any day you want something fresh and extra yummy!
Strawberry ice cream: I use my own no churn strawberry ice cream in this recipe. If you prefer a churned ice cream you could use my strawberry ice cream recipe. Or you could use store brought strawberry ice cream, or mix things up with other flavors that pair well with strawberry such as my easy vanilla ice cream or no churn chocolate ice cream.
Strawberry compote (strawberry sauce): I use my own strawberry compote (strawberry sauce) in this recipe. You could use store brought strawberry sauce if you prefer.
Fresh strawberries: some ripe strawberries add some freshness and a pop of color to this dessert.
Chopped nuts: I use chopped peanuts in this recipe but you could use any sort of nut you prefer, or leave them out.
Whipped cream: I used whipped cream in a can for this recipe for convenience, but it has no structural integrity so it will collapse quickly. You could make your own instead if you prefer and either pipe or spoon it on.
Wafers: I use vanilla wafers cut into pretty sail shapes in this recipe but you can use what ever wafers you like. I cut out some little wafer hearts for extra fun!
Sprinkles: some sprinkles add some extra fun to this sundae! You could use pretty pink and white or hearts sprinkles to elevate this dessert to a valentines day treat!
How to make a strawberry sundae
Take your sundae glasses and add a swirl of strawberry sauce and some fresh strawberry.
Add a layer of strawberry ice cream, some more strawberry sauce and top with a lovely big scoop of strawberry ice cream.
Add whipped cream and some fresh strawberries on the side.
Finally add some wafers and some fun sprinkles and your done! Serve immediately and bask in the complements of your delicious dessert!
How to store
This ice cream sundae is best made right before serving. If you want to store it you're best to store the individual ingredients before assembling.
Have you made this recipe? Tell me how it went in the comments below and tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious creations! @keep_calm_and_eat_icecream
This post is also available as a web story here: Strawberry sundae web story
Looking for more yummy desert recipes?
Why not try making
- No churn strawberry ice cream
- Strawberry compote (strawberry sauce)
- Strawberry ice cream (churned)
- Strawberry yogurt popsicles
- Eton mess with fresh strawberries
- Optional: two sundae glasses
- 6 scoops strawberry ice cream
- ½ cup (125mls) strawberry sauce
- 6 whole fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons sprinkles
- 2 wafers
- Hull the strawberries and cut in halves or quarters
- Put some strawberry sauce at the bottom of the glasses, drizzling some up the sides.
- Add some fresh strawberry.
- Add a scoop of strawberry ice cream to each glass
- Add some more strawberry sauce.
- Add the rest of the strawberry ice cream, with a big pretty scoop on top of each
- Add more strawberry sauce around the edges.
- Add the rest of the fresh strawberry pieces.
- Sprinkle on rainbow sprinkles and nuts.
- Add a big dollop of whipped cream.
- Sprinkles and add the wafers and your done!
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
Join the community!
Like Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream on Facebook for more great recipes
Pin it for later!