These fresh, firey pineapple, orange and ginger popsicles sing of sunshine and summer days.
Pineapple, orange and ginger juice is my all-time favorite fresh juice. There's something about the sweetness of the pineapple combined with the tang of oranges and the fiery bite of the ginger that makes my taste buds do a happy dance.
To make the pineapple, orange and ginger popsicles
Cut and core the pineapple and cut into smaller chunks. If you've never cut up a fresh pineapple before it can be hard to know where to start!
Break off the top by twisting. Cut the pineapple in half lengthways, from the top to the bottom of the pineapple. Then cut in half again horizontally through the widest part.
To cut off the skin starting from the top carefully cut around the top and curve of the pineapple. You want to remove as many of the brown eyes as possible so you may need to make a second pass, but without losing too much of the yellow flesh. Continue to work around the pineapple until all the skin and eyes are cut off. You should now have a ¼ of a pineapple with the tough skin removed. Slice and dice into small pieces. Blitz pineapple pieces and strain.
Juice the oranges, strain and add to pineapple juice. You will need 20oz (600ml)
Grate ginger using a micro-plainer or the small side of a regular grater
Hot tip: Be very careful when grating the ginger to avoid grating your fingers!
Add ginger to pineapple and orange juice. Stir well then chill for several hours. Strain cold juice to remove ginger pieces.
Pour into popsicle molds and add sticks. I like these silicon ones personally, they give that great instagramable look, but you can use whatever you have.
Hot tip: Make sure there is sufficient space in your freezer for your popsicle moulds Before you put them in the freezer, or there will be tears! This mix is also very liquidy so take extra care when placing them in the freezer so they don't spill.
Freeze overnight or until set.
Remove from molds and enjoy!
Looking for more homemade popsicles?
Why not try making my
Have you made this recipe? Tell me how it went in the comments below and tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious creations! @keep_calm_and_eat_icecream
Pineapple, orange and ginger popsicles
- popsicle mold and sticks
- mini or full sized food processor
- micro-plainer or grater with a fine/rind side
- ½ large fresh, very ripe pineapple
- 3 large ripe oranges
- ½ medium knob fresh ginger *add the whole knob if you like it hot!
- Cut and core the pineapple and remove skin *see photos for tips how to do this
- Cut pineapple into pieces and blitz untill smooth. Strain and place juice into a large jug.
- Juice oranges, strain and add to pineapple juice.
- Grate ginger using a micro-planer or small side of a regular grated.
- Add ginger to pineapple and ginger juice. Chill, then strain to remove ginger pulp.
- Pour into molds, add sticks and freeze overnight or until set.
- Remove from molds and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate based on an online database. The nutritional content of ingredients may vary by brand. If you require accurate nutritional information, you should calculate this based on the specific brands and products you are using.