These pretty homemade strawberry yogurt popsicles are full of fresh luscious strawberry flavor and creamy vanilla Greek yogurt. They are the perfect summer treat for both kids and adults alike.
Is there anything better then a big bowl of beautiful ripe strawberries and cream in peak strawberry season? Possibly these pretty strawberry yogurt popsicles which take the flavors of strawberries and cream and turns them into a refreshing popsicle, with layers of strawberry and creamy vanilla yogurt.
Strawberries: this recipe uses fresh, ripe, luscious strawberries for maximum flavor and freshness. You could try using frozen strawberries but you may need to adjust the amount of sugar and lemon juice.
White sugar: a little bit of white sugar helps balance out the tartness of the strawberries and Greek yogurt in this recipe. You can add less sugar as is your personal preference.
Lemon juice: a little bit of lemon juice really helps bring out the strawberry flavor in this recipe. I don't recommend using bottled lemon juice, it won't taste the same.
Greek yogurt: this recipe uses full fat Greek yogurt for maximum flavor and creaminess. You can use natural yogurt if you prefer and strain it to get a thicker, creamy texture or leave it as it is. You could also use vanilla yogurt, in which case you won't need to add the vanilla essence.
Vanilla: you can use real or immitation vanilla essence in this recipe as your taste and budget allows.
How to make strawberry yogurt popsicles
Hull the strawberries (remove the green tops) and cut into quarters. Juice the lemon and measure the lemon juice.
Add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan. The strawberries will release enough water of their own, you don't need to add any extra water.
Put a lid on the pot and cook on medium for about five minutes until the strawberries have released their juices and it starting to form a sauce. Remove lid and cook for about twenty minutes. Make sure you stir it frequently to prevent the strawberries catching.
Take the saucepan off the heat and allow the mix to cool. Transfer to a deep jug or bowl you can use an immersion blender in. Blitz with an immersion blender until mix in smooth. Chill in fridge until needed.
Measure Greek yogurt in a bowl and add sugar for yogurt and vanilla essence. Mix well. Chill in fridge until needed.
Hot tip: make sure there is enough room in the freezer for the popsicle molds before filling them, or their will be tears!
A quarter fill the popsicle molds with strawberry mix. Put into freezer and freeze for one hour.
Remove molds from freezer and fill until molds are half full with yogurt mix. Return to freezer for one hour.
Remove from freezer and fill until molds are three quarters fill with remaining strawberry mix. Return to freezer for one hour.
Remove from freezer and fill the rest of the way with the rest of the yogurt mix. Insert sticks into molds and freeze for about four hours or until firm.
Of if you want a simpler version you can make these creamsicle style by mixing the strawberry mix and Greek yogurt together and simply pouring into the popsicle molds. You wont get the same pretty stripes but the flavors will be same.
How to serve
To serve the popsicles remove from the molds and enjoy! Delicious on a hot day, or any day for both kids and adults alike.
How to store
These popsicles will store well in an airtight container lined with baking paper and between the popsicles to stop them sticking together for up to a month or more, but I doubt they will last that long!
Have you made this recipe? Tell me how it went in the comments below and tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious creations! @keep_calm_and_eat_icecream
Looking for more yummy dessert recipes?
Why not try making
- Strawberry ice cream
- Strawberry compote (strawberry sauce)
- Strawberry, balsamic and black pepper popsicles
- Owlet strawberry raspberry popsicles
Strawberry yogurt popsicles
- Popsicle molds and sticks
- immersion/stick blender or food processor
- 2 cups (375gms) strawberries
- 3 tablespoons (45 gms) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10mls) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (250mls) full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 and a ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 and a half tablespoons white sugar
- Slice the green tops off the strawberries and cut into large pieces.
- Add cut up strawberries to a small saucepan with sugar for strawberries and lemon juice.
- Put a well fitting lid on the saucepan and cook on medium low for five minutes. *NB you don't need to add any water, the strawberries will release enough on their own.
- Remove lid and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes until strawberries are thick, glossy and starting to go jammy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl or deep jug you can use an immersion/stick blender in. Blitz until smooth. Chill in fridge until cold.
- In a separate bowl mix Greek yogurt, sugar for yogurt mix and vanilla.
- Quarter full your popsicle molds with strawberry mix.
- Put molds in freezer. After one hour, remove and top up to half way full in total with one quarter yogurt mix.
- Put molds in freezer. After one hour, remove and top up till three quarters full with remaining strawberry mix.
- Put molds in freezer. After one hour remove and top up with remaining yogurt mix. Add popsicle mold lid and insert sticks. Freeze for at least four hours or overnight.
- To serve remove from molds and enjoy!
Pin it for later!