Get into the holiday spirit with these adorable chocolate candy cane hearts. With just three ingredients they're a cute and easy no bake Christmas dessert.
These chocolate-filled candy canes are a delightfully whimsical addition to your Christmas menu. With only three ingredients they are a fun festive activity to do with the kids these holidays.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Simple recipe with just three ingredients.
- Easy no bake Christmas dessert.
- Perfect for a festive dessert table.
- Pop them into cellophane bags for beautiful homemade Christmas gifts.
Looking for more festive Christmas dessert recipes? Why not try making my warming gingerbread cheesecake, Christmas snowflake cookies or fresh peppermint stick ice cream (recipes coming soon!). Delicious!
Candy canes: also known as peppermint sticks or peppermint candy canes. Mini candy canes work best in this recipe. I highly recommend buying more than you think you'll need as I find you tend to get several broken ones in a packet and you will need whole candy canes for this recipe.
White chocolate: gives a lovely flavor and clean look to these cute hearts. You could use candy melts or a bar of chocolate but just make sure it's one you are happy to eat plain as you can taste it.
Christmas sprinkles: red, white and green sprinkles look lovely on these, but you could use whatever festive sprinkles you like, or even some chopped-up candy canes.
How to make candy cane hearts
See the full recipe card at the end of the post for ingredient amounts and instructions.
Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Unwrap the candy canes and lay pairs of them together to make heart shapes on the parchment paper. Ensure the candy canes are touching at the tops and bottoms.
Melt the white chocolate melts in a microwave-proof bowl in the microwave in 30-second to one-minute bursts, checking after each time.
Spoon a little melted white chocolate into the middle of the candy cane pairs and carefully spread it around to stick them together and form the center of the heart.
Dust with sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Repeat with the remaining candy cane pairs.
Allow to set at room temperature for about two hours or until the chocolate is fully set. Once set gently peel them off the parchment paper and you're done!
How to serve
To serve these candy cane chocolate hearts pop them onto a plate and enjoy! Delicious on their own or as part of a festive Christmas dessert table. They also make wonderful homemade Christmas gifts, try wrapping them in cellophane bags and tieing with a pretty ribbon.
How to store
These candy cane love hearts will store well in an airtight container for up to a week. Be sure to line the container and between each layer with parchment paper to help stop them from sticking. After this they will still be safe to eat, but the candy canes may start to go sticky over time.
Recipe tips and frequently asked questions
What size candy canes should I use?
Mini candy canes work best for this recipe, but you could experiment with larger candy canes, you will just need more chocolate and sprinkles.
Can I make these with different-sized candy canes?
Yes you could use larger candy canes, but you will need more chocolate to fill them with and sprinkles to cover them.
Can I make these with different types of chocolate?
You can certainly try. White chocolate gives the cleanest look but you could absolutely make them with milk, dark or even ruby chocolate instead if you prefer.
Have you made this recipe? Tell me how it went in the comments below and tag me on instagram so I can see your delicious creations! @keep_calm_and_eat_icecream
Looking for more yummy dessert recipes?
Why not try making
Candy Cane Hearts
- Baking tray
- parchment paper
- 30 mini candy canes
- ⅔ cup (100gms) white chocolate melts
- 1 tablespoon Christmas sprinkles
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the candy canes and lay pairs of them together to make heart shapes. Ensure the candy canes are touching at the tops and bottoms.
- Melt the white chocolate melts in a microwave proof bowl in the microwave in 30 second to one minute bursts, checking after each time.
- Spoon a little melted white chocolate into the middle of the candy cane pairs and carefully spread it around to stick them together and form the center of the heart.
- Dust with sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted. Repeat with the remainin candy cane pairs.
- Allow to set at room temperature for about two hours or until the chocolate is fully set. Once set gently peel them off the parchment paper and you're done!
Nutritional information is an estimate based on an online database. The nutritional content of ingredients may vary by brand. If you require accurate nutritional information, you should calculate this based on the specific brands and products you are using.
Join the community!
Like Keep Calm and Eat Ice Cream on Facebook for more great recipes
Pin it for later!