Christmas Rocky Road
This no-bake Christmas Rocky Road is a fun and festive Christmas treat. With warming gingerbread and pretty red and green candy it's sure to be a hit this Christmas!
Servings: 12 large pieces
- 1 packet (200gms) gingerbread cookies, homemade or store bought
- 2 cups (60gms) salted pretzels
- ½ cup (100gms) uncrystalised ginger
- ⅔ cup (90gms) roasted almonds
- 1 packet (210gms) marshmellows
- 2 & ¾ block (500gms) milk chocolate
- ½ packet (100gms) red and green candy such as M&Ms
Line a heat proof baking tin or tray with foil.
Roughly break up the gingerbread cookies and pretzels. Chop up the uncrystalized gineger. Add the cookie pieces, pretzels, marshmellows and almonds to a large bowl and mix well.
Chop up the chocolate and put it into a microwave proof bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second to one minute bursts, checking after each time.
Working quickly add the melted chocolate to the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the mix onto the prepared tray and smooth down.
Leave to in a cool place to set completely. If is a hot day put it in the fridge.
Leave to in a cool place to set completely. If it's s a hot day put it in the fridge for one hour to set, then remove to prevent M&M's from faiding.
Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container, or wrap up in pretty celephane bags tied with ribbon for gifting. Merry Christmas!
- The recipe includes making and chocolate melting time. It does not include the time needed for the chocolate to set before you cut up the rocky road.
- Chocolate candy such as M&Ms and Smarties can color fade if you leave them in the fridge for too long! If it's too hot to set on the bench only put it in the fridge for one hour, then remove it.
- If worst comes to worst and your candy Does fade, I have successfully repainted the color with food coloring and a clean, fine paintbrush.